- D-Air, MotoGP airbag technology
- Wearable under or over any jacket or outfit
- Seven on-board sensors
- Data is monitored 1,000 times per second
- Algorithm detects low-sides, high-sides and object/vehicle and rear-end collisions
- Collisions are detected even when stopped, e.g. rear-end collision at a stop light
- 26hr battery life
- No hard-shell parts – airbag provides protection only when needed
- Chest protection meets or exceeds CE Level 2 for airbags, transmitted force is <2.5kN
- Standard armor CE level 2 transmits <9kN so the airbag disperses over 3x more energy than its rigid counterpart
- Back protection meets or exceeds CE Level 1 for airbags, transmitted force is <4.5kN
- Standard armor CE level 1 transmits <18kN so the airbag disperses over 4x more energy than its rigid counterpart
- Additional information
The Smart Jacket is a portable airbag featuring D-Air technology, that can be worn alone, underneath or atop any garment the rider chooses. It is packable, so it easily fits in any backpack, and ventilated so it works for any season. This technology is waterproof and protects the rider regardless of weather conditions.
Once the Smart Jacket is zipped, the button closed, and the led is green, the D-Air airbag system is activated automatically without any connection to the bike. Its sensors assess the rider’s environment 1000/second and is ready to activate the shield when necessary.
The shield is the heart of the Smart Jacket protection: with a powerful airbag ensuring the same degree of protection as seven back protectors, despite not having hardshell protective gear inside, just by using air. The rider’s chest, shoulders, and back are covered by this incredibly light, versatile, easy to use, yet powerful protection, without even the minor discomfort of a rigid protector.
Dainese has constructed a special factory just to produce the Smart Jacket exclusively.